Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
The ElasticSearch Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team in a DevSecOps environment. This role will provide support for a large enterprise ElasticSearch deployment. This role requires providing design, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support in the Elastic environments in both cloud (AWS) and on prem.
Labor Category: Elastic Search Systems Engineer
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary: Up to $245,000.00 per year
Core Hours: 9am to 4pm
Location: Reston VA
Maintain Elasticsearch clusters in a cloud based environment across multiple availability zones.
Ensure the Elasticsearch clusters continue to run under optimal conditions
Evaluate existing Elasticsearch clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration
Maintain appropriate infrastructure to maintain performance and data integrity
Keep Elasticsearch clusters upgraded (as permitted by the applications reliant on them)
Spin up/customize clusters to meet various development and/or business needs
Optimize indexes to meet business needs (e.g. logging, enterprise search)
Troubleshoot various issues with the clusters (from small errors like unassigned shards, to automation issues, to node/cluster failures)
Work closely with architecture, engineering and development and operations teams and jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
Ensure security of Elasticsearch cluster
Follow and implement Elastic best practices
Ensure appropriate monitoring & alerting of Elasticsearch
3+ year experience with Elasticsearch Administration
Direct experience maintaining and integrating Elasticsearch within an operational enterprise information system
Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
Experience with deploying and using Elasticsearch in Commercial Cloud Platform (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
**Requires Bachelors with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ of prior relevant experience.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in our outstanding compensation and benefits package. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their Benefit Dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
- Medical – United Health Care (UHC) (multiple plan options)
- Dental – United Concordia (UC) Flex Plan
- Vision – Vision Service Plan Insurance Co (VSP) Signature Plans
- Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud
– Cisco, Microsoft, and Google
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -LR-BD-162
If you would like to complete a detailed B4Corp Job application, please do so using this form:
This form will help us find you the best position quicker.
B4Corp is an EEO and e-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit b4corp.com.