Position Requires a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Clearance with a Polygraph.
This is a unique position for an applications developer to work on a high-profile suite of services that will supply users with productionized data analytics to automate a wide range of Information Management mission activities conducted across the Customer organization. The candidate will work with a team of software developers and data scientists to refine existing analytic tools and build out new tools on a routinized production cadence to meet the evolving needs of Customer users. This is an exciting opportunity for developers wanting to broaden their credentials in the realm of container infrastructure service management and data analytics. The candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly with project team members, application users, and Customer leadership about technical activities related to of the development of the application.
This position will include a variety of activities, including:
• Designing, developing, unit testing, and maintaining code for a production system
• Deploying containerized software to an AWS infrastructure
• Developing wireframes and flow diagrams used for rapid prototyping in order to drive out requirements and design
• Providing demonstrations of new features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
• Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and translating these into software development tasks
• Working with systems engineers to specify and design the system infrastructure that supports applications
• Developing technical documentation and briefing materials to provide support needed for security, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations.
Labor Category: Applications Developer
Position Level: Level 1 – Subject Matter Expert
Salary: Up to $252,500.00 per year
Core Hours: 9am to 4pm
Location: Herndon VA
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience in developing RESTful web services with the Java Spring Framework
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in Linux environments (must be comfortable writing shell scripts and using VI)
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with RDBMs (Relational Database Management Systems) such as MySql, Postgres, or Oracle
4. Experience with creating, editing, pushing, and merging code in Git based version control software (GitHub, GitLab)
5. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or other relevant field and minimum of 3 years of experience
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Solr or ElasticSearch
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with DevOps related functions with AWS (such as configuring Load Balancers, Autoscaling Groups, S3 Security Groups, Creating SQS queues and Cloudformation templates)
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience scaling software/infrastructure to processes large data sets
4. Experience developing Python software (esp. web application frameworks like Flask, Django) and/or willingness to learn Python
5. Experience developing application front ends with the Angular 5+ framework and/or willingness to learn Angular
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with creating Docker containers for a production applications and/or willingness to learn how to build and deploy containers
7. Experience developing applications with the Node.js framework.
B4CORP Company Information
B4Corp is a small defense contracting company that focuses on providing an optimum environment for mission-focused, highly skilled consultants to support the United States of America’s intelligence community and other defense organizations. B4Corp provides a low overhead, highly efficient, high salary environment that allows employees to excel at meeting the client’s needs. B4Corp is looking for information technology professionals that have a high sense of personal responsibility, self-motivation, and mission drive.
B4Corp’s dedication and care for its employees is reflected in our outstanding compensation and benefits package. B4Corp’s benefits reflect the company’s policy of putting the employees first. B4Corp’s maximum flexibility comp / makeup time policy, along with the company’s cafeteria-style benefit plan that allows employees to maximize their Benefit Dollars, reflects B4Corp’s commitment to its employees.
- Outstanding Salaries
- Full Vanguard 401k Plan – Featuring a full scope of investment options
– 100% employer matched contribution up to 6% of employee’s salary
– Ability to max out 401k savings $57k ($63.5k if over 50)
- Employees receive B4Corp phantom stock each year (2-year vesting period)
- Medical – United Health Care (UHC) (multiple plan options)
- Dental – United Concordia (UC) Flex Plan
- Vision – Vision Service Plan Insurance Co (VSP) Signature Plans
- Mutual of Omaha short-term disability (60% of salary up to $2,000.00/week)
- Mutual of Omaha long-term disability (60% of salary up to $10,000.00/month)
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance ($200,000.00)
Employee Referral Bonus:
- Refer a friend or a coworker and receive $3,000 per year for every year the person works for B4CORP
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Seven weeks of leave per year (including ten federal holidays)
- Flexible work schedule with comp time (with customer approval)
Tuition and Training:
- Free CBTNuggets Online Training Account
– More than 200 online IT courses on a large variety of topics, including networking, security, virtualization, and the cloud
– Cisco, Microsoft, and Google
– Virtual Labs
- Free L inux Academy Online Training Account
Internal Tracking -RK-401-04
If you would like to complete a detailed B4Corp Job application, please do so using this form:
This form will help us find you the best position quicker.
B4Corp is an EEO and e-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit b4corp.com.